Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blind date...part 1

Blind dating is only recommended for people who have a sense of humor and who have confidence in themselves to handle any situation that might come along. It is not recommended for control freaks, anxious personalities or individuals that don't handle disappointment or rejection well. If you fear going on a blind date, then don't.

I had an opportunity to go no a blind date sometime back. I found that many fear a blind date because they fear that something will go horribly wrong or that they will be made fun or that they will spend all night at the mercy of a psychotic stranger. I am included in the "many" category.

Under normal circumstances, galz would go on blind dates with backups (read her girlfriends). In my peculiar case, I went solo. Clearly for me, nervousness was taking its toll. Meeting at a public joint was key and so that was arranged.

On arrival at the meeting place, I could not hold my surprise. You see, I did not have high expectations so the little that I had was not met...

The guy I met was tall and cute to say the least. Ok.....he was really tall. probably 6 feet. yeah...i am vertically challenged and hence anything taller than me is pretty tall. but i digress.

The discussion that ensued consisted of common interests like design and animation.

In overall, my rule for blind dates lies in paragraph 1.

Next attraction: Tips for blind dating?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Blind dating? Double dating will be more effercient in a case where a possible psycho is involved. Most often than not your blind date will be a stranger. For those who are well accostomed to strangers: they come in many shapes and ofcorse sizes. For you to meet a stranger you must be open minded because the stranger you might meet might be anyone or everyone. Take a chance here and go on a date with someone you atleast know is not a psychotic killer. There are crazy people out there. (Has anyone heard of a healthy relationship that occured due to a blind date?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit...

Cool - Vybes said...

Double Dating .....good one....