Monday, February 15, 2010

Run the Race......

He called to me and I ran,
I ran to him and not away
to where he was waiting at the bay.
With His arms stretched out wide
With a smile on His face and nothing to hide.

I was besides myself with joy
Pure bliss indeed a day that i would enjoy
I ran as fast as my feeble feet could carry me
My heart beat close to my chest about to be free
I threw my bags down, aside, didn't want the hindrance you see.

He called to me again and I wondered why
I was already running but oh I wasn't drawing nigh
The running must have just been in my mind
I was just standing still like a powerless grind
My heart sunk, my feet gave in, the strength I couldn't find.

I was downcast, perplexed, how come I couldn't run
Tears ran down my rosy cheeks till they burn
I didn't know the reason, or is it that I didn't have the passion
I prayed for answers seeking my own version
So hard I cried I hoped I had His attention.

He called me the third time
Told me not to whine
That I could stand, dust myself and walk again
He ran to me and removed my feet from the miry clay
He held my hand and helped me stand on the Way
His arms covered me and His face shone on me bright as day

I was up and running again
This time I wasn't alone in my own lane
He was there beside me running alongside
My spirit began to get lifted as i saw how far i had drifted
His love was there for me all the time it never shifted.

He called me the last time
We stopped running and it was fine
I knowingly looked into His eyes
As He told me It was time for goodbyes
Bid the world away never to return to lies
To forever live with Him never to roam.
The race was done and we were finally home.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Heb 12:1
Look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith!

2 comments:

rianui said...

very moving sweets, very moving.

Cool - Vybes said...

thanks babe! Jesus will not give up on us till the race is over :-)