Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So its over.....

When a relationship that you thought would be long term comes to an end.....or you bring it to an end, there mixed feelings are they not?

I cannot speak for the lads, but lassies would totally feel me when I say that at the moment you feel you want to break up with your guys u are soooooo sure that is it. That is what you reallly want, that is your final decision. Its almost as though there is no love there......

Then as soon as you say the words........ The words that lead to damnation on the part of the guy........the words that break the heart.........the three dreaded words........" it is over" ; as soon as those words are uttered in probable finality, you start wondering." OMG, is this eternal termination? Will I get another guy? Do I really want to end this?"

The question that follows is not totally a suprise but it is still not expected. To your dismay your guy about to be Ex'd asks you ," are you sure?"

For some reason that question is even used in tv game shows such as deal or no deal, who want to be a millionaire, etc. In my opinion, it is used to instill doubt in the statement or answer given. Secondly, Is a girl ever sure about anything......that is not a question that should be asked!!!! Ofcourse she's not sure, and the more you ask her, the more she doubts a decision that she took months making. ok enough with the ranting, but you get my point right??

So at the end of the conversation the Ex'd guy says he is ok with whatever decision you make. You decide to stick to your guns. You just want to be friends you say. He accepts without as much as throwing a tantrum. You are impressed at his composure. However, you wish he tried a little harder to make you stay. To be able to change your already undecided mind.

You part ways rather solemnly and wonder whether that is what being friends means.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if a guy wants a chick for real...he can stay until the she unleashes the verdict. but when it takes long...two things might happen. If he was ingenuinely trying out, he might walk away and feel nothing. But if he wanted her for real, he will stay and be patient.If things hit a lead wall,he may keep the lady as a friend or as well walk away. But why would he walk away from the friendship while he had been patient with the lady? One simple reason- he needs to let go of her..which might be difficult when they are still tight.
But trust me, when his heart is free from her, he will come back...this time as a very good friend who is not upto something, just back for old time's sake.

Anonymous said...

If you are into that weird thing of not meaning what you say and not saying what you mean then you'll leave a guy like me in a galaxy sized limbo.
I was recently let down politely (dumped) from a 2 year one and this is what I thought at at the time: "If she thought about it enuff to say it, then I was out of her heart loooong ago. She was just looking for the words to dump me with".
It doesn't do any good for my self esteem to beg and grovel and apologize for wrongs I din do. Furthermore, if we hold on to it, the feeling of unreciprocated love will ultimately destroy the soft part of my heart.

Maybe I'm only OK to let it go coz I'm still under 26!! I don Know!!

Anonymous said...

are you sure about what you've just written????? lol