Friday, May 21, 2010

You are free to sin no more!

You were only 30 and you thought you made it huh?
Trying to dart me but your mind was still far
Telling me you were for real and yet you were from a bar
Saying you loved me and yet on the side was another her

Cruising in your "Bimer" rolling like a higher flier
Winking at the ladies and flirting like a player
Hitting the roads daily different chic in the rear
The weed made you high you still wished you could get higher

You kept with the trends cause you wanted be cool
You turned 42 and still wanted to make girls drool
Showed them the money made them drop out of school
Nah maen that wasn't right, you were not bright you were just a fool

15 years on the job you were a don at the big place
threw your money to the girls at the clubs and local base
lied to them over and over with the same catchy phrase
you had nothing to show but you still ran the rat race

you were almost 50 had many kids but no wifey
you didn't support their youngins you said it was a tad pricey
you thought you were a free man-always a player, your policy
you tossed and turned for meaning but your heart was still icy

You got sickly and weak at about 52
In your death bed all alone there I went to see you
You looked so old and worn and no one to see you through
You were sad and mad and told me that you wished you knew

At the funeral save the priest, I was the only one there
You must have thought it would have been an all a flair affair
We buried you and for you I said a solemn prayer
You had no one left and no legacy to share

It was indeed sad how your life ebbed to nothing
All you knew was partying, drinking and sniffing
I loved you but when I warned you you weren't listening
I withdrew and went my way to find a more solid living

I found that Jesus was the answer and I heeded to His call
My life is no longer empty and I love Him above all
I have learned about Biblical men like the apostle Paul
Whose heart's desire is to be a fire that's the higher call

I have a loving husband and two kids for family
I would have been dead if Jesus hadn't saved the sinner me
Now I can live happily for I have the victory
Day by day by His grace and His unfailing mercy

No comments: